Thursday, August 20, 2009

Finding dates is harder as you age

I have been on several "dating" sites since I was 18. Match.com, hotornot.com, and recently discovered once upon a time that I also signed up for e-harmony.com. I don't remember doing it, but what the hell?

I have, through at least the first two sites, met a total of one person, whom I still talk to today, and have "connected" (read e-mailed) with probably a dozen. Nothing has ever really come from any of them, but I've resolved to keep searching anyways. You never know, right?

Right now, I'm trying to set up a date with a few ladies that I have met previously. One of which, the Daycare lady, is a very nice girl, older than I am (I, for some reason, always seem to date younger), and very attractive. We met thru a chat room and have talked for several years, only meeting face to face a couple months ago, as she needed some handyman services at her new home in Hillsboro. She has suggested a possibility of going camping together, which I'd be fine with. Also we've been able to agree to meet for drinks, but random schedule hiccups keep that plan still on the books.

Another is the Redhead. She first sought me out on hotornot.com, and we met not long after. She then moved to Salem, making a full-blown relationship difficult, but not impossible. She has a son who is around 9, and is back in school finishing her education. We click, but we'll see where things go. (I suppose here is where I should mention that I have no problem with women who have children. I've dated a few and it's not an issue with me at all)

There are others, but those are really the only two that have any real potential at this point in time. It's difficult due to distances, even though they aren't great. I'll find a way somehow, I always do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Suggestion? Pointer? Advice?

Let me have it!