Friday, October 2, 2009

Confusion isn't just for the blond

I am more of a dishwater blond nowadays, but I still get confused like a pure blond.

I've got a potential new love interest, one whom I've talked to for most of the last year, although for the majority of that time things weren't gonna work out. But now she's coming on to me, and even though I'm looking for a relationship, I'm hesitant to just jump in.

I'm unsure about this. She's nice, even though we've never met, but she's also a bit too.... forward. The first thing she texted me about this morning is about how horny she was. Now if this was an established relationship and things were further down the road, that might not be such a bad thing! But considering that she's only started talking to me again since Monday, well, it's just a little too much too soon.

I'm debating whether or not I should say something to her about it. On one hand, I could put her off to the point where she loses interest, leaving me in the same spot I'm already in. But on the other hand, I don't know how much of the constant sex-talk bombardment I would be able to take before I get put off by it. Any feedback is welcome, of course.

Another possible complication with this is some recent dialogue with the Redhead. As stated before, there is a mutual attraction between she and I, and several of our conversations over the last several months have alluded to the possibility of exploring things with eachother, distance not withstanding. Last night we were instant messaging and she confided in me that I'm really the only close relationship she has anymore, since her best friend moved to Vegas (or Reno... is it bad that I don't remember this pertinent information already?). After a while, I goaded her with the statement "You know you love me", to which she replied (as if I wasn't me) "shh... don't tell Mr. Anonymous, it's a secret", or something similar.

Now tonight, we were discussing our need to get together soon, have dinner, something like that. She was telling me about how she's so busy with full time college courses and a 36 hour/week job, plus her son. I playfully suggested that she could come stay the night on a Saturday and let me cook breakfast on Sunday. This was answered with "but what would I do with my kid?" And after some brainstorming, she suggested waiting for the end of the school term in 10 weeks. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I'd call that interest.

I'm not as clueless at signals as I used to be. These two women are obviously interested in something, and honestly, if both were in front of me and I was forced to make a choice, I'd be leaning towards the latter. Much better chemistry. Not to mention the fact that I've met her already, and have spent time with her in the not-to-recent past.

What do you think, reader? Do you have any suggestions? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Suggestion? Pointer? Advice?

Let me have it!