Monday, September 21, 2009

Why is it so hard...?

So this is kinda embarrassing, but I've been trying to reply to a person on Plenty of Fish for like the last week but every time I go to do so I get cold feet. I'll be re-reading this woman's profile and description and getting all psyched up to mail her, but then I think I psych myself right back out of it.

I've found myself wondering tonight if perhaps it's because this person seems so compatible that I'm afraid of getting sucked in too fast should we meet, followed by the (so far) obligatory loss of interest. I don't see any other real reason why I should be so nervous about it. I am opening myself up to interpretation however. Feel free to chime in via comment.

Then again, another thing could be that this woman is a recent divorcee, and in these modern times that can be construed as a failure to commit. Like many of my single friends I'm not really looking to date anymore, but to find that special person. I've been told by so many people this past week that they're sure that someone is out there for me, and I believe that's true, but why is she so damn hard to find?

It can't be that hard; last night at my birthday dinner I got hit on by our server. It caught me off guard, plus I had my family there. Nothing like getting shot down in front of family, although my mother pointed out the fact that our server had a large rock on her finger (I didn't see it).

I think I'm going to watch Transformers and try and get up the courage to act, much like Sam did in the movie. After all, no sacrifice, no victory, right?

1 comment:

  1. Just message her! She can see you've viewed her profile so either message her or she's going to think you're another stalker. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Got some input? Suggestion? Pointer? Advice?

Let me have it!