Monday, September 14, 2009

Got on a new dating site

So a friend of mine introduced me to a new dating site this last week, Plenty of Fish. I had never heard of it before. And now I wish I'd have heard of it sooner.

For years, with not much success, I've been on sites like Hot or Not and Match.com, Yahoo! Personals, and even attempted to get onto e-Harmony until I discovered you have to pay just to have your "free" profile posted. On all of the sites I've listed on though, you have to pay to be able to contact people you're interested in, usually along the lines of $30/month, if not more.

Well, my friend suggests I try PoF. So I go and check it out, expecting some runaround on how I have to spend per month to reap the full benefits of the site. But, amazingly, there is none! It's 100% free to have a profile AND be able to message other people. (note: Hot or Not for a time offered free meeting services, which I took advantage of, but only ever had one meeting out of the whole year)

I've already messaged a few ladies, and hopefully I'll be getting messages back soon. Who knows, dear feminine reader, perhaps a message is waiting for you.

1 comment:

  1. I've had better luck with www.okcupid.com

    PoF makes it so easy to sign up and because of that the people seem to be less serious and a bit more flakey than other sites. The "matching" system is also just a tiny questionnaire. The results for mine are mostly right but part of it is totally the opposite of how I am. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete

Got some input? Suggestion? Pointer? Advice?

Let me have it!