Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It bears posting... For those who know the story, sorry...

So tomorrow will mark 3 years since I met a woman that I thought would be my perfect match. It's worth posting, because even as I'm getting over her and moving on to other women, I can't help but think back to that night, so full of wonder and promise, and wonder what happened.

We'd known each other for about 3 weeks before we finally decided to meet up for a date. We met about halfway between my place and her place; Salem. We were both giddy, and the chemistry was immediate. We opened up so fast to each other I'm amazed we could recall the information later on in the relationship. We had dinner at Denny's, and then we drove around for a while; she drove because she knows Salem much better than I do.

We found a park along the Willamette River (although we didn't know which river it was that night, as we got really lost!), and went for a walk along the river front. We found a bench, and started talking some, and then all of a sudden we kissed. It was the most unexpected moment for me. Sparks flew, and we could both tell it was something real.

We went and had some fun running around the playground, including me smacking my head hard enough to suppress memory of hitting my head for more than a year, and we fell harder and harder. It was the perfect night.

We went back to drop me off at my truck, and we listened to some music for a short while, then said good night. She left to the south, I to the north. It was a magical night, and one that I will remember forever.

So here I am well over a year after she broke my heart for the final time, and yet I can't stop thinking about that night. I have tried so hard to move on, and I am, but I still can't shake the memories. And I don't think that losing the memory of this night in particular would be for the best.

Anyways, I wanted to get that off my chest. I hope that you enjoyed the tale, and if you have any similar stories, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Suggestion? Pointer? Advice?

Let me have it!